||The Audio Pages|
| Elliott Sound Products
||Privacy and Ethics Statement |
The Internet by its very nature is distributed and unregulated. While this is undeniably its greatest asset, it also eliminates many of the tangible cues to a merchant's credibility, which are normally quite obvious in the real world. In the hope of replacing these lost "consumer comfort factors", and preferably without the need for government intervention, Elliott Sound Products (ESP) voluntarily commits to follow a Universal Standard of Ethics when transacting business on the Internet.
As a reputable member of the global Internet commerce community, ESP hereby agrees to ...
- Deliver what we promise and promise only what we can deliver.
- Deal honestly and fairly with customers.
- Accurately represent who we are and what we do.
- Fulfill any warranty claim within a reasonable period of time.
Credit Cards *
- Charge only the amount required for the goods ordered and appropriate postage, in accordance with the published prices.
- Never apply any undisclosed charge, repeat charge, or other charge unless specifically requested by the purchaser to do so (for
example, add additional items to an order).
- Not apply any surcharge for use of a credit card.
* ESP reserves the right to correct errors in orders, where the total cost has been incorrectly calculated by the purchaser, the incorrect price list was used, or other errors as may occur from time to time. You will always be advised of any changes and the reasons for those changes.
- Promptly respond to all customer complaints
- Employ our best efforts to fairly resolve all legitimate complaints in a timely fashion
- Ensure to the best of our ability that no documents containing false statements are distributed on-line
- Promptly substantiate any statements or advertised claims upon request
- Not undertake any unsolicited electronic advertising or bulk e-mailing of any kind
- Disclose basic features and benefits of products in language that is easily understood by the consumer - bearing in mind that
such descriptions are commonly of a technical nature because of the products I sell
- Disclose all terms, conditions, financial and contractual obligations applicable to the transaction including warranties, returns
- Disclose the price, type of currency and all fees, surcharges, and shipping costs associated with any transaction
- Disclose availability of goods and services, timing of billing, and realistic shipping expectations
Adherence to Laws & Regulations
- Abide by all laws of the Australian Federal and State Governments regarding credit card transactions
- Abide by the rules and regulations pertaining to the Merchant Credit Card Facilities provided by the Commonwealth Bank of Australia
or other financial institution as may be used in the future.
This is one thing that terrifies many potential Internet purchasers, since they are never sure what the merchant will do with their personal information. We know that you are concerned about your privacy and so is ESP. If you provide information about yourself or your business, such as name, postal or e-mail address or other data, this information will be added to our internal data records. Any information received from you (either by mail, fax or in any electronic format) is used internally by ESP alone, and is not shared with anyone *.
* The only exception is to provide details as requested by an appropriate financial institution, the Australian Taxation Office, law enforcement agencies or other statutory bodies that have a legal right to such details, where fraud, deception or other financial malfeasance is suspected or alleged. ESP will cooperate with all such requests where there is reasonable evidence that the appropriate agencies are lawfully entitled to the information.
disclosed to anyone who does not need this information other than for the authorisation of a credit card purchase, unless I am lawfully
obliged to provide such details to a government agency or other statutory body (as detailed above).
- Your credit card details shall not be stored or archived on any computer (unless fully encrypted), and will be kept safely and
securely only in the original purchase form and credit card voucher. All card details are destroyed by shredding after the statutory
holding period has expired (as established by my bank's policies).
- Used facsimile (fax) developer rolls are (were) cut into small sections and heated to melt the 'ink' before disposal - these otherwise
contain a perfect negative image of all pages printed by the fax machine. All faxes are now received by an electronic fax machine
and printed on a laser printer so developer rolls are no longer used. Fax images are deleted after the order is processed.
- ESP will not send unsolicited e-mail, nor provide your e-mail address to any other party for any reason whatsoever without your
- Where your information is supplied in relation to an order for purchases, the information will be used solely for that purpose.
ESP will not share personally identifiable information with any third party without your express consent.
On the subject of privacy - because ESP is operated from my home address, I do not advertise or publish the street address or telephone number of the business. This is sometimes seen as evidence of a business that has something to hide - this is not my intention - I am entitled to some privacy as well, and that is the sole reason for this omission. If you have a reason for needing this information, all you have to do is ask. No request for this information has ever been refused.
ESP has been trading on-line since 1999, and I have not had one unresolved complaint from a customer, supplier or other website, nor from my credit card handling facility, PayPal or Paymate. I am determined to keep my reputation - honesty and integrity are the only tools at my disposal to achieve this.
Page created and Copyright © 02 Feb 2002./ 06 Oct 10 - Page reformat